2.1. To provide you the Services, we must collect Personal Information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“Personal Information”). We collect Personal Information you provide us from your use of the Services and other sources. Here are the types of Personal Information we collect about you:
1. Information you provide us. When you register for our Services, purchase and register domain names, use any of our Services; and/or when you contact us directly by any communication channel you may provide us Personal Information, such as name, email address, phone number, payment information, the information you include in your communications with other users and with us on our platform, and Personal Information contained in scanned identification documents (such as an ID card, driver’s license, passport, or official company registration documents).
2. Information we collect when you use the Services. When you visit, download, and use any of our Services, we may collect aggregated usage Personal Information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing and ‘click-stream activity on the Services, session heatmaps, and scrolls, non-identifying Personal Information regarding the Visitor’s or User’s device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language, and keyboard settings, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc.
3. Information we collect from other sources. We may receive Personal Information about you from third-party sources, such as i) security providers, fraud detection, and prevention providers, for example, to help us screen out users associated with fraud, ii) social media platforms when you log-in or sign-up using your social media account, we may receive Personal Information from that service (e.g., your username, basic profile Personal Information) and in some cases, we may collect Personal Information from lead enhancement companies which help us to improve our service offering; iii) advertising and marketing partners to monitor, manage and measure our ad campaigns.
We may also collect Personal Information about visitors and users of our User’s websites or services (“Users-of-Users”) solely for and on our Users’ behalf.
We use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. To provide and operate the Services;
2. To further develop, customize, expand, and improve our Services, based on Users’ shared or personal preferences, experiences, and difficulties;
3. To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
4. To be able to contact our Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages.
5. To help us to update, expand and analyze our records to identify new customers;
6. To facilitate, sponsor, and offer specific contests, events, and promotions, determine participants’ eligibility, monitor performance, contact winners, and grant prizes and benefits;
7. To analyze our performance and marketing activities;
8. To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred information, which our business partners or we may use to provide and improve our respective services;
9. To provide you with professional assistance, only upon your request;
10. To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities; and
11. To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
We use your Personal Information for the purposes set out in Section 3 where:
1. Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or to take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g., to provide you with a website builder, to provide you with our customer assistance and technical support);
2. Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have; or
3. Our use of your Personal Information is necessary to support legitimate interests and business purposes, provided it is conducted in a way that is proportionate and that respects your privacy rights.
We may share your Personal Information with service providers and others (or otherwise allow them access to it) in the following manners and instances:
4.1. Third-Party Service Providers: Edifice has partnered with several selected service providers whose services and solutions complement, facilitate and enhance our own. These include hosting and server co-location services, communications, and content delivery networks (CDNs), data and cybersecurity services, billing and payment processing services, domain name registrars, fraud detection and prevention services, web analytics, e-mail distribution, and monitoring services, session recording and remote access services, performance measurement, data optimization, and marketing services, content providers, and our legal and financial advisors.
Edifice may share the following categories of Personal Information with Third-Party Service Providers for a business purpose:
1. identifiers, including name, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
2. commercial information, for example, information regarding products or services purchased, obtained or considered.
4.2. Law Enforcement, Legal Requests, and Duties: Edifice may disclose or otherwise allow access to your Personal Information under a legal request, such as a subpoena, legal proceedings, search warrant or court order, or in compliance with applicable laws, if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so, with or without notice to you.
4.4. Social Media Features and Framed Pages: Our Services include certain Social Media features, widgets, and single sign-on features, such as the “Facebook Connect,” “Google Sign-in,” “Facebook Like,” or “Share this” button or other interactive mini-programs (“Social Media Features”). These Social Media Features may collect certain Personal Information such as your IP address or which page you are visiting on our Website and may set a cookie to enable them to function correctly. Social Media Features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Services. Their policies and not ours govern your interactions with these third parties’ Social Media Features.
Also, our Services may enable you to share your Personal Information with third parties directly, such as via page framing techniques to serve content to or from Third-Party Service Providers or other parties, while preserving the look and feel of our Website and Services (“Frames”). Please be aware that if you choose to interact or share any Personal Information via such Frames, you are, providi,ng it to these third parties and not to us, and such interactions and sharing are governed by those third party’s policies and not ours.
4.5. App Market Developers: As part of our App Market program, we allow third-party developers (“Third Party Developer(s)”) to develop and offer their applications via the Edifice App Market (“Third Party App(s)”), in conjunction with Edifice.
You are solely responsible for notifying your Users-of-Users of collecting, processing, and using their Information and informing them that their information will be transferred to and processed by Edifice on your behalf.
Sharing Personal Information from Edifice subsidiaries and affiliated companies in the European Union and Switzerland to Edifice’s United States subsidiary will be only when the relevant Model Standard Contractual Clauses are in place.
4.7. Connection With a Change in Corporate Control: In addition, should Edifice or any of its affiliates undergo any change in control, including by means of merger, acquisition, or purchase of substantially all of its assets, your Personal Information may be shared with the parties involved in such event.
4.8 Upon Your Further Direction: Edifice may also share your Personal Information with third parties for other purposes upon your further direction or with your explicit approval.
5.1. Users’ and Users-of-Users’ Personal Information may be stored in data centers located in the United States of America, Ireland, Japan, and Israel. We may use other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services and/or as may be required by law.
Edifice affiliates and Third-Party Service Providers that store or process your Personal Information on Edifice’s behalf are contractually committed to keep it protected and secured, in accordance with industry standards and regardless of any lesser legal requirements which may apply in their jurisdiction.
Edifice may collect, store and process certain Personal Information of Users-of-Users (“Users-of-Users Information”), solely on our Users’ behalf and at their direction. For example, each of our Users is able to import their e-mail contacts from third-party services like Gmail or otherwise collect and manage contacts via their User Website. Such communications are then stored with Edifice on the User’s behalf.
For such purposes, Edifice serves and shall be considered as a “Processor” and not as the “Controller” (as both such capitalized terms are defined in the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”)) of such Users-of-Users Information.
The Users controlling and operating such User Websites shall be considered as the “Controllers” of such Users-of-Users Information and are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations that may apply to the collection and control of such Users-of-Users Information, including all privacy and data protection laws of all relevant jurisdictions.
You are responsible for the security, integrity, and authorized usage of Personal Information about Users-of-Users’, obtaining consents, permissions, and providing any required data subject rights and fair processing notices required for the collection and usage of such Personal Information.
Edifice cannot provide legal advice to Users or their Users-of-Users. However, we do recommend that all UsersAccording to the European Commission, anyblish and maintain clear and comprehensive privacy policies on their User Websites by any applicable laws and r carefully read those policies and make sure that they understand and, to the extent required by applicable law, consent to them.
If you are a visitor, user, or customer of any of our Users, please read the following: Edifice has no direct relationship with Users-of-Users whose Personal Information it processes. If you are a visitor, user, or customer of any of our Users and would like to make any requests or queries regarding your Personal Information, please contact such User(s) directly. For example, if you wish to request to access, correct, amend, or delete inaccurate Personal Information processed by Edifice on behalf of its Users, please direct your query to the relevant User (who is the “Controller” of such data). If our Users request edifice to remove any Users-of-Users’ Personal Information, we will respond to such requests promptly upon verification and by applicable law (for example, thirty (30) days under the GDPR). Unless otherwise instructed by our User, we will retain their Users-of-Users’ Personal Information for the period set forth
Please note that we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application; however, most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
We may use your Personal Information to send you promotional content and messages by e-mail, text messages, notifications within our platform, marketing calls, and similar forms of communication from Edifice or our partners (acting on Edifice’s behalf) through such means.
Suppose you do not wish to receive such promotional messages or calls. In that case, you may notify Edifice at any time or follow the “unsubscribe” or STOP instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive.
Edifice may also contact you with necessary information regarding our Services or your use thereof. For example, we may send you a notice (through any of the means available to us) if a particular Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance; reply to your support ticket or e-mail; send you reminders or warnings regarding upcoming or late payments for your current or forthcoming subscriptions; forward abuse complaints regarding your User Website; or notify you of material changes in our Services.
It is essential that you are always able to receive such messages. For this reason, you are not able to opt-out of receiving such Service and Billing Messages unless you are no longer an Edifice User (which can be done by deactivating your account). We may also contact you with service and billing-related messages and content. You will not be able to opt-out of receiving such messages.